Connect with us

Local News

Columbus house fire displaces a woman and her niece



Columbus, Indiana – According to the Columbus Fire Department, two persons were forced to leave a burning house early on Saturday morning.

At around 4:10 in the morning, officers were called in response to a report of smoke and a small fire in the 2600 block of Central Avenue. The house was ablaze when the firefighters arrived. Before the flames could be put out, the fire firefighters fought them for thirty minutes. Firefighters discovered a cat inside the house during their search, and they transferred it to safety.

Firefighters were informed by the homeowner, Diana McGrady, that she was asleep when her niece woke her up to let her know the house was on fire. They dialed 911 while swiftly leaving the building. McGrady informed the firefighters that there were young chickens behind a heater.

In the Indy house fire, a mother loses her son and numerous pets.

At the scene, no injuries were recorded. The estimated cost of the home’s repairs is $200,000.

The Salvation Army is currently providing assistance to the family because they had to relocate due to the damages.

Information about this investigation will be updated as it becomes available.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *