Connect with us

Local News

Due to a deliberate bathroom fire, Lawrence North High School students were sent home early.



Lawrence, Indiana – According to the Indianapolis Fire Department, Lawrence North High School students have been dismissed early due to a fire that was started on purpose in a toilet on the second floor.

According to school officials, the fire started late on Wednesday morning. The paper towel dispenser in a boy’s washroom, according to IFD, was the fire’s origin.

No one was hurt during the building evacuation of all kids and personnel.

Students will be transported home by bus. Door 15 on the south side of the building is where parents can pick up their children.

Later on Wednesday, school administrators will reveal a schedule for classes on Thursday.

The Lawrence Police Department is looking into the fire.