Connect with us

Local News

Nearby West Side Hotel fire caused by a candle

Published

on

Indianapolis, Indiana – An adjacent west-side hotel fire is being attributed to a candle.

Following a 911 call just before five a.m. on Wednesday, personnel from the Wayne Township Fire Department and the Indianapolis Fire Department arrived at the Relax Inn, 120 S. Tibbs Ave.

According to firefighters on the site, a candle in the second-story room caused someone to wake up. The smoke alarms were operational, and the fire was contained in the room.

According to firefighters, nearby rooms were unoccupied. Nobody was harmed.

Investigations about the fire are still ongoing.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Trending