Connect with us


A dog dies in a house fire in Martinsville



Martinsville, Indiana – According to a Facebook post from the Martinsville Fire Department, a person was killed in a fire that started at their residence late on Friday night.

The person’s identity and age have not yet been disclosed.

Friday night at 9:28 p.m., a 911 call was made reporting a house fire with entrapment in the 900 block of South Home Avenue.

A human and a dog were indeed locked inside when local Martinsville police first got on the scene. Police tried to get the person out of the house with their assistance, but they were unable to.

Firefighters from the Washington Township Fire Department came after the cops. Within less than five minutes, firefighters were able to put out the fire.

Firefighters discovered the person and their dog after searching the house. At the scene, both were declared dead.

As of Sunday morning, investigators were still trying to identify what started the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *