Connect with us

Local News

A number of individuals in Indiana have reported being ill after eating “microdose chocolate” bars



Indianapolis, Indiana – People in four different states were hospitalized after consuming or selling microdosing chocolate bars from the Diamond Shruumz brand, prompting the US Food and Drug Administration to issue a warning to consumers and businesses.

The Food and Drug Administration issued a warning after eight individuals became sick after consuming chocolates made by Diamond Shruumz. Six individuals have been admitted to the hospital from the group of eight. In all, four individuals from Arizona, two from Indiana, one from Nevada, and one from Pennsylvania are impacted.

“Seizures, central nervous system depression (loss of consciousness, confusion, sleepiness), agitation, abnormal heart rates, hyper and hypotension, nausea and vomiting,” the FDA listed as symptoms experienced by those who ate the chocolate bars.

There have been no reports of fatalities associated with the products.

Psychedelic substances, such as psilocybin mushrooms, can be “microdosed” by taking a very tiny dose. The practice of microdosing has proponents who claim it enhances mental clarity and focus.

Diamond Shruumz claims on their website that their chocolate bars are free of “psilocybin, amanita or any scheduled drugs” and include a “proprietary blend of nootropic and functional mushrooms.”

Along with its federal, state, and municipal counterparts, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is presently conducting an investigation into the infections.

Diamond Shruumz has kept posting promotional videos to their Instagram and TikTok accounts since the FDA’s alert, omitting any reference to the reported ailments.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises visiting a doctor or calling the Poison Help Line (800-222-1222) if you or a loved one gets sick after eating a Diamond Shruumz chocolate bar.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *