Connect with us

Local News

Candle Blamed For Starting Bloomington House Fire



(BLOOMINGTON) – The Bloomington Fire Department responded to a house fire at 815 East University Street on Thursday night.

The alarm came in at 8:41 p.m.

Firefighters found the fire confined to one room of the residence.

A candle was to blame for a fire Thursday night at 815 E. University Street Photo: Bloomington Fire Department

The Bloomington Fire Department reported the two occupants and a dog escaped from the home uninjured.

Homeowners told firefighters that the electricity had gone off so they lit candles.

Photo: Bloomington Fire Department

One the occupants of the home left the room and when he returned he found a shawl and chair on fire. The occupant tried to extinguish the blaze with water, however, he was unable to put out the fire.

Officials say that the 100-year-old home had smoke and water damag

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *