Connect with us

Local News

Couple in Bargersville escapes a house fire

Published

on

Bargersville, Indiana – Early on Friday morning, a house fire in Bargersville was avoided by a couple together with their dogs.

A husband, wife and their dogs managed to escape smoke and flames in their home at 5:25 a.m. on Friday by scurrying out of their bedroom window on Eastview Drive in Bargersville, Indiana. The homeowner said they were able to escape the fire because their smoke alarm had warned them of its presence. The homeowner reported to Bargersville Fire Department personnel that when he opened the bedroom door after hearing the smoke alarm, he saw thick smoke and intense heat.

At the scene, no injuries were recorded.

Fire investigators report that the house was damaged to the tune of $150,000. The fire was started, according to fire investigators, by a kerosene space heater.

Bargersville firemen received assistance from the Greenwood, Whiteland, and White River Township fire departments in handling the situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Trending