Connect with us

Local News

Why Indiana is a leader among the states in the production of wood products and is known as the “Titan of the Tree Industry”

Published

on

Indianapolis, Indiana – Wood items are used by homeowners and renters all over the world, serving a variety of purposes from cabinets to couches in living rooms.

According to research conducted by the Woodworking Network in 2017, products derived from wood represented sixty percent of the whole market for furniture.

Indiana is the source of many of the wood products that are popular throughout the United States. According to the Indiana State Department of Agriculture, the production of wood office furniture and hardwood veneer places the Hoosier State at the top of the national rankings in this category.

According to the ISDA’s website, Indiana also ranks second in the nation when it comes to the manufacture of wood cabinets and countertops. The manufacturing of engineered wood goods, prefabricated wood buildings, and upholstered household furniture respectively place Indiana in third, fourth, and fifth place respectively among the states in the United States.

According to the ISDA, the hardwood industry in Indiana contributes more than $10 billion to the state’s economy each year. The production of wood goods is responsible for more than 70,000 jobs in the state of Indiana. According to the data provided by ISDA, the annual compensation for professions like those is typically $66,188.

According to the Indiana State Hardwood Association (ISDA), for every dollar of added value that is created by Indiana’s hardwood businesses, an additional 80 cents is generated by firms outside of Indiana that support the manufacturing of wood goods.

According to the data provided by ISDA, the employment multiplier for the hardwoods industry is 1.85. This indicates that for every person who is directly engaged in the hardwoods sector, an additional.85 people are hired in the state of Indiana.

Within its borders, the state of Indiana contains around 4.9 million acres of forestland. According to research by ISDA, private ownership accounts for 84% of that land. The remaining 16% of forested land is owned by various levels of government, including the federal, state, and local levels.

According to a brochure published by the ISDA, the state of Indiana’s hardwood sector is sustainable since the rate of statewide timber growth is more than three times greater than the rate at which trees die of natural causes or are removed.

 

 

 

Advertisement

Trending