Connect with us


Fire ignited by an electrical panel



Bedford, Indiana – Firefighters from the Shawswick Volunteer Fire Department responded to Rita Ester’s residence fire on Sunday at 423 Trinton Circle.

Firefighters arrived at the scene at 5:36 p.m. after the incident was reported at 5:32 p.m.

“An electrical panel blew up: said Chief Bob Brown. “The wires shorted out and blew the lid off. It then sparked a fire, which caught some kids’ clothes on fire.” However, the quick action of the homeowners prevented the fire from spreading. “They heard a loud pop and went to investigate,” added Chief Brown. “They found the clothing on fire and threw it outside. There was no structural damage done.”

Duke Energy was called to the scene by the firefighters, and they took out the electric meter until the wiring could be fixed.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *